Grabbable Button:)

Fantasies of a Fangirl Book Blog

Thursday, August 6, 2015

July Wrap-Up

July Wrap-up 
2015


  July flew by for me. Summer is my favorite, so I hope it lasts longer in August. Lots of books and movies!:)




Books~ 



Book 1: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes 
                                                      Me Before You

Book Rating: 5 stars ★★★★★ 

Do I recommend?: 
 Yes, let your heart be torn and join me

Book Review 
Goodreads Page 




Book 2: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell 
Attachments

Book Rating: 3 stars ★★★ 

Do I recommend?: 
 Meh, I guess so.

Book Review 
Goodreads Page





Book 3: Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Wings #1

Wings (Wings, #1)

Book Rating: 4 stars ★★★★

Do I recommend?: 
Yes, I think it's totally worth a try, the books get better:)

Book Review 
Goodreads Page





Book 4: Spells by Aprilynne Pike (Wings #2)

Spells (Wings, #2)

Book Rating: 4 stars ★★★★ 

Do I recommend?:
 Well yes, because it gets better!

Book Review 
Goodreads Page





Book 5: Illusions by Aprilynne Pike (Wings #3) 

Illusions (Wings, #3)

Book Rating: 4 stars ★★★★

Do I recommend?: 
 Yes! I really enjoyed this one, much better than the first and second with its plot!
(I forgot to write out a review but that's okay:)

Goodreads Review





Book 6: Destined by Aprilynne Pike (Wings #4) 

Destined (Wings, #4)

Book Rating: 5 stars ★★★★★

Do I recommend?:
 YES YES YES!!! THIS WAS THE BEST, LIKE ONE OF THE BEST CONCLUSIONS EVER!

Book Review 
Goodreads Page 




Book 7: The Archived by Victoria Schwab (The Archived #1) 

The Archived (The Archived, #1)

Book Rating: 4.5 stars ★★★★.5

Do I recommend?: 
  Yes!!! This is my first book by Victoria Schwab and Oh My God. Like she is instantly a favorite author.

Book Review 
Goodreads Page 





Book 8: Vicious by V.E. Schwab (Victoria Schwab)

Vicious

Book Rating: 5 STARS BAM! ★★★★★ 

Do I recommend?: 
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Book Review 
Goodreads Page






Book 9: Fangbone! Third-Grade Barbarian (Fangbone Comic) 

Fangbone! Third-Grade Barbarian

Book Rating: 2 stars ★★ 

 Do I recommend?: 
 Not unless you are a third-grade boy, but I guess to pass the time sure.

Book Review (more like explanation as to why I picked this up:)
Goodreads Page 






Book 10: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (The 5th Wave #1) 

The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)

Book Rating: 4.5 stars ★★★★.5 

Do I recommend?: 
HELL TO THE YES!!! YOU MUST FEEL THE AWESOMENESS AND FEAR AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!!! So you better go read this. I mean I'm a bit scared of what happens next, especially with some of the reviews I've been hearing about The Infinite Sea. But honestly- Why haven't you read it yet? WHY HAVEN'T I UNTIL NOW?
(I shouldn't answer that but: Because I'm a terrible person.)

Book Review 
Goodreads Page 





Book 11: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (ADSOM #1)
A Darker Shade of Magic

Book Rating: 4.5 stars ★★★★.5

Do I recommend?:
 Yes. Yes. Yes. Absoletly, this Victoria Schwab's newest fantasy series! AND I SWEAR IT WILL BE GOOD BECAUSE IT IS!!!  

Book Review 
Goodreads Page 





* REREAD THE FIRST TWO HARRY POTTER BOOKS again:) 



Books Read: 13 

  Woohoo! I read some fantastic books this month! I did get into a reading slump at the end and I kind of am still in one. Hopefully some Neil Gaiman can cure me with also some awesome movies. WHich brings us to the second part of my wrap-up!


******* 




Movies~ 



Movie 1: Marvel-- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)




Rating: 5 stars ★★★★★/ 5






Movie 2: Marvel-- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)


Rating: 4.5 stars ★★★★.5/ 5 





Movie 3: Marvel-- The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)



Rating: 5 stars ★★★★★/ 5 






Movie 4: Disney Pixar-- Inside Out (2015)



Rating: 4 stars ★★★★/ 5 




Movie 5: Minions (2015)



Rating: 4 stars ★★★★/ 5 




Movie 6: Bean: The Movie (1997) 




Rating: 3 stars ★★★/ 5 




Movie 7: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)



Rating: 3.5 stars ★★★.5/ 5 







Movie 8: Gabby Douglas Story (2014)



Rating: 3.5 stars ★★★.5/ 5 





Movie 9: Austenland (2013)

                                             


Rating: 4 stars ★★★★/ 5 





Movie 10: Pride and Prejudice (2005) 

                        


Rating: 4 stars ★★★★/ 5 





Movie 11: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black
Pearl (2003) 




Rating: 4 stars ★★★★/ 5







Movie 12: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)




Rating: 4 stars ★★★★/ 5 




Movie 13: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)



Rating: 4 stars ★★★★/ 5







Movie 14: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011) 

                            

Rating: 4 stars ★★★★/ 5 




Movie 15: Chicken Run (2000) 

                                        

Rating: 3 stars ★★★/ 5







Movie 16: Mean Girls (2004) 

                                  

Rating: 4.5 stars ★★★★.5/ 5






Movie 17: 47 Ronin (2013) 

                                       


Rating: 3.5 stars ★★★.5/ 5





Movie 18: Jurassic World (2015) 

                                          


Rating: 4.5 stars ★★★★.5/ 5 





Movies Watched: 18!!! 


  Yes! I was able to watch lots of movies this month! Like 18 is pretty good considering I binge-watched most of them in a marathon. I spent the rest of my free time reading and watching T.V. shows- more like catching up. Hopefully in August I can do more reviews than just rating. After all, August is my last month of summer vacation.

So until then Fandoms Unite!!!

~Z:)

No comments:

Post a Comment