Grabbable Button:)

Fantasies of a Fangirl Book Blog

Monday, July 6, 2015

June Wrap-Up

June Wrap-Up
2015

  Yay! June was a last struggle of two weeks for school but then I WAS FREE!!! Summer time kicked in- birds are singing, sun is shining brighter and life feels so much more open! Especially when you spent it reading, writing and watching. MY FAVORITE THINGS TO DO EVER- I think that's the only reason I live at all:)

Tumblr Post


Books Reads: 

Book 1: The Witch of Painted Sorrows by M.J. Rose 

Book Rating: 4 stars ✪✪✪✪ 

  Do I recommend?: 
Yup, thumbs-up. Though I totally WARN OF MATURE CONTENT (NOT FOR EVERYONE)!!!
       
Book Review 
Goodreads Page 
Goodreads Review







Book 2: The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black

Book Rating: 4 stars

  Do I recommend?: 
     Meh, I liked it but I felt it had more potential that could've been explored. But sure, I think it's worth a read:)

Book Review 
Goodreads Page 
Goodreads Review 







Book 3: Valhalla by Ari Bach 
Valhalla

Book Rating: DNF (so I feel bad giving it rating but if I had to- 2 stars)

   Do I recommend?: 
         No. Not at all. I'm not sure if this is a book I'd give a second chance myself. I would guess not.


Book Review 
Goodreads Page 





Book 4: Animal Farm by George Orwell 
Animal Farm


Book Rating: 4 stars 
 
  Do I recommend?: 
       Yes, a mind-opening literary classic.


Book Review 
Goodreads Page 






Book 5: Zoobreak by Gordon Korman (Swindle #2)
Zoobreak

Book Rating: 4 stars 

  Do I recommend?:
    Sure, it's one of my favorite middle-grade books.


Book Review 
Goodreads Page 





Book 6: Framed by Gordon Korman (Swindle #3) 

Framed

Book Rating: 4 stars 

  Do I recommend?:
          Oh, yes! This is probably my favorite in the series:)


Book Review 
Goodreads Page 




Book 7: Showoff (Swindle #4) 

Showoff
Book Rating: 4 stars 

  Do I recommend?: 
       This one was pretty good:)


Book Review 
Goodreads Page 




Book 8: The Shadow Revolution by Clay & Susan Griffith 
(Crown and Key #1) 

The Shadow Revolution (Crown & Key, #1)
Book Rating: 4 stars 

   Do I recommend?: 
        If you like Victorian London paranormal, why not?


Book Review 
Goodreads Page




Book 9: Hideout by Gordon Korman (Swindle #5)

Hideout (Swindle, #5)
Book Rating: 4 stars 

  Do I recommend?:
     Sure thing, I really love this contemporary middle-grade series!


Book Review 
Goodreads Page 







Book 10: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (#1 ACOTAR)

Book Rating: 5 STARS BAM!

  Do I recommend?: 
    DO I RECOMMEND?! WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT- OF COURSE I DO!!!


Book Review 
Goodreads Page 
Goodreads Review




Book 11: The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson (#1 TGoFaT) 

The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)


Book Rating: 4 stars 

   Do I recommend?:
     Actually it's pretty good, but it gets even better in the next books! I swear it on my heart, you should give it a try and if you still don't like it- keep going!


Book Review 
Goodreads Page







Book 12: The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson (#2 TGoFaT)

The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2)

Book Rating: 4.5 stars 

  Do I recommend?: 
    YES YES YES!!! Rae Carson did an impressive job in her story and it's sooooo good!!!


Book Review 
Goodreads Page 





Book 13: The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson (#3 TGoFaT)

The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)

Book Rating: 5 stars! 

  Do I recommend?: 
       I've been pestering you to read the first two books, why wouldn't I TELL YOU TO PICK UP THIS FREAKIN' AMAZING CONCLUSION?!?!


Book Review 
Goodreads Page 





Book 14: The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (#1 TWATD)

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)

Book Rating: 4.5 stars 

   Do I recommend?: 
      Yes! This was such a beautiful and wonderful retelling of A Thousand and One Nights!


Book Review 
Goodreads Page 





Book 15: Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein 

Becoming Jinn

Book Rating: 4 solid stars 

   Do I recommend?: 
    Sure, why not?:)

Book Review 
Goodreads Page 







  (I started Me Before You by Jojo Moyes- but that will be in the July Wrap-Up:)



BOOKS READ: 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  WOOOOOWWWW!!! I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF.  I feel so acomplished, and I have read some amazing books this month, too. So yes, June has been fanatsic. Happy July!!!:)


Fangirl to the Stars,

 ~Z:)


No comments:

Post a Comment