Grabbable Button:)

Fantasies of a Fangirl Book Blog

Monday, June 22, 2015

Book Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Book Review:
A Court of Thorns and Roses
(ACOTAR #1)
by Sarah J. Maas

Book Rating: 5 stars ✪✪✪✪✪

Goodreads Page 
Goodreads Review 
Tumblr Review 


“Because your human joy fascinates me—the way you experience things, in your life span, so wildly and deeply and all at once, is … entrancing. I’m drawn to it, even when I know I shouldn’t be, even when I try not to be.” 


   Perfection. Awesomeness. And Beautiful. Those are three words I would most likely use to describe my admiration of this book. Pssh, admiration more like LOVE!!!
   First of all, thank you God for making Sarah J. Maas exist and to write these wondrous worlds that she shares with us. Thank you Sarah J. Maas for not only existing but for being QUEEN AND MY FAVORITE AUTHOR!!!

   *breathing heavily* I. Just. Loved. This. Book. 


     I'm sorry but two days after, and I'm still fangirling over that beauty. So this review will be short since I cannot function correctly to write a review when this book is the main point. My mind will not see straight and will be in too much awe and in the middle of a nostalgia attack.

   I could continue on praising Queen Sarah J. Maas and yet her another masterpiece. But let me give you an insight-
      So kick-ass Maas writing, Faeries, amazing world-building, awesome and terrifying action/adventure with a Beauty and the Beast fairytale retelling. Yes and don't forget the deep, intricate characters that will shatter your heart. A recipe for much heartbreak, this book.


Where I'd Shelf this Beauty: 

  • New Adult 
  • Fantasy 
  • Romance    (Oooh steamy romance hehe:)
  • Paranormal 
  • Faeries 
  • Action and Adventure 
  • Beautiful    (Not kidding)
  • Fairytale Retelling    (Beauty and the Beast)
  • HEARTWRECKING    (I CAN'T BELIEVE I SURVIVED)
  • Inspirational   (seriously motivates) 
  • TOP-LOVE-HONOR 



      Amazing plot-twists, realistic relationships and characters, awesome plot and story. Beautiful world-building and writing, what else could you ask for? I loved the portrayal of faeries and their world. Oh and the world was magical and AHHHH!!!

  And the characters? Feyre was a strong and such realistic female character with wit. And gorgeous Tamlin and sassy Lucien? I ADORE THEM ALL! Then you have the dark Rhysand, which I couldn't help but feel intrigued with. So yes, I loved the characters.


“I threw myself into that fire, threw myself into it, into him, and let myself burn.” 


   Fast-paced at all the right places, plot amazingly executed. The many elements and aspects played so well throughout the book. The story and its characters were beautiful. I mean what else do you need to be convinced to give it a try? Queen Sarah J. Maas has painted another masterpiece. AND I NEED THE NEXT BOOKS!!!


Do I recommend?: 
 YES!!! TO THE MOON AND BACK UNDER THE MOUNTAIN FOR SURE! (sorry, but it's okay if you die:)


“Pity those who don't feel anything at all”


  Thanks for reading and sorry for the review that isn't as deep as my others, ah well doesn't change my love for A Court of Thorns and Roses!


    Fangirl to the Stars,
   ~Z:)

No comments:

Post a Comment